Thursday 19 April 2012

Q Is For...Quiz

My seventeenth post for the A-to-Z Blogging Challenge, Q Is For... Quiz:

I've written a quiz. There's one question for each letter of the alphabet. Sadly no prizes, it's just for fun. Leave your answers as a comment. I'll post the correct answers as a comment at the end of the month, so you might like to click to receive follow-up comments via your Email:


1) What 'A' is Buffy The Vampire Slayer's middle name?

2) What 'B' is a character in Harold Pinter's The Dumb Waiter?

3) What 'C' is the fictional Alaskan town in which Northern Exposure was set?

4) What 'D' is the greatest, fantastic, wherever there's danger he'll be there, the ace, amazing, the strongest, the quickest, the best, the greatest, fantastic, wherever there's danger he'll be there, the ace, amazing, the strongest, the quickest, the best, terrific, magnific, the greatest secret agent in the world, Power House, the fastest, the greatest, the best?

5) What 'E' is the speed that Doc's DeLorean needed to reach to achieve time travel?

6) What 'F' is Mr Benn's street?

7) What 'G' is Nanny Ogg's first name?

8) What 'H' is the setting of Quatermass And The Pit?

9) What 'I' is the US state that Star Trek's James T. Kirk says he is from?

10) What 'J' is the company that owned Red Dwarf and Rimmer and Lister worked for?

11) What 'K' is a shape-changing robot companion from Doctor Who?

12) What 'L' is the first name of the protagonist of Gulliver's Travels?

13) What 'M' is the name of I in Withnail And I?

14) What 'N' is the epidemic that hit Royston Vasey in The League Of Gentlemen?

15) What 'O' is the leader of the Autobots in Transformers?

16) What 'P' is "Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as"?

17) What 'Q' illustrated most of Roald Dahl's books for children?

18) What 'R' is the company that owns the Dollhouse in Dollhouse?

19) What 'S' is the name of Gandalf's horse in The Lord Of The Rings?

20) What 'T' is Guybrush's surname?

21) What 'U' is the holiday being celebrated in Firefly's The Train Job?

22) What 'V' is a group also known as the Desperate Dan Appreciation Society, the Draught Beer Preservation Society, the Custard Pie Appreciation Consortium, the Sherlock Holmes English Speaking Vernacular, the Office Block Persecution Affinity and the Skyscraper Condemnation Affiliate?

23) What 'W' was on the wall in Pulp's 'Disco 2000'?

24) What 'X' is the taxonomic name of the Alien from the Alien films?

25) What 'Y' is the name of Brian K. Vaughn's last man?

26) What 'Z' is the name of Futurama's physician?


I hope you enjoy it. Answers here.

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I could name several, but let's just go with Iowa for Kirk's home state and Optimus Prime for Transformers.

Anonymous said...

I know 15! Optimus Prime! Score. :)
None of the others.. way to brainiacish for me.. :)

Stopping by via the A - Z Challenge.

M.J. Fifield said...

1. Anne
4. I'm pretty sure it's Danger Mouse.
9. Iowa
15. Optimus Prime
18. Rossum Corp.
19. Shadowfax
21. Unification Day

...and I'm out.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Sorry I haven't been by in a few days ♥. its been rather hectic around ASDLs wee hoosie...

Cindy Dwyer said...

What a great quiz. Sadly, I'm horrible at trivia like this.

Typically, I'm the one asking my husband, "What was the name of the movie that starred that guy from (insert description, not title, of a different movie)?"

He usually knows what I'm talking about. That's love.

Kristi Ann Hunter said...

I only knew a few and those were ones a lot of people will know. BUT I will triumphantly say I know number 20! His name is Guybrush Threepwood!

Dave said...

I won't post the answers just yet in case anyone else wants to take part, but I will say that all of the above answers are correct.

pammustard said...

Dropping by from the a to z challenge and clicked on your Q post because I also used Q is for quiz (mind you my quiz is not nearly as creative as yours, in fact I stole it from the internet). Anyway not sure if I am too old or too Canadian but I am terrible at this quiz! Will be interested in seeing the answers!

Dave said...

Pam, I liked your quiz. I hope I haven't excluded Canadians from taking part with my question choices. I'm posting the answers with my Z post.

Amanda Heitler said...

Duh.

Late to the party, but giving this a go.

A - Anne (she uses is as her name when she runs away)
G - Gytha
K - K9
Q - Quentin Blake
S - Shadowfax

Good quiz :)

Dave said...

The answers are here.

Thanks for taking part.