I've been tagged by Spacerguy over at Star Trek Space. So here are the rules.
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
3. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
5. Go to their page and tell them you have linked to them. No tag backs, and you legitimately have to tag 11 people.
I have no idea why it's eleven things/questions/people, but it is so I'll just get on with it:
11 things about me nobody ever needed to know.
1. I hate Wimbledon. Not the place in South London, but the tennis championship. I'm not particularly a tennis fan, but I have nothing against the French/Australian/US* Open (* delete as appropriate), but when they are televised the disruption seems to be kept to a miniumum. Wimbledon however takes over British TV. The phrase: "Due to the extended Wimbledon coverage, tonight's episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation has been rescheduled..." is seared into my memory. It wouldn't be so bad, but it rains here a lot and so much of the extended Wimbledon coverage is footage of wet and miserable sports fans being rained on waiting for the weather to change.
2. I love Lego.
3. I can't seem to stop biting my fingernails.
4. I manage to resist the temptation of my toenails.
5. I have the British Canoe Union Two Star Award. I took the test for the Three Star Award when I was a teenager, but I failed. I'd love to get back into canoeing and kayaking.
6. I have a problem with multiple exclamation marks. I think that single exclamation marks are overused at the best of times, but increasingly people seem to use two. One makes your point and three shows you really mean it, but two? Two is neither one thing nor the other.
7. I need a shave.
8. I have an above average number of digits: ten. Specifically eight fingers and two thumbs. I know most people have a similar arrangement, it's where we get the decimal system from after all. While some lucky people have more than ten digits, many more have sadly lost fingers in incidents that they will probably tell stories of for the rest of their lives. Therefore the average number of fingers is less than ten and if you have ten digits, then you have an above average number as well.
9. I've been watching The Italian Job as I finish writing this.
10. I have twenty twenty vision, but sadly this doesn't mean that I can see into the future.
11. I struggled to come up with eleven facts about myself.
11 Answers to Spacerguy's Questions
1. What was the name of Star Trek's first pilot episode?
2. Who was originally cast as captain of the USS Enterprise NCC 1701.
3. What is Uhura called by Spock in Star Trek 2009?
Nyota, Lieutenant and probably Cadet as well.
4. Who created the Star Trek franchise?
4 (again). What did NBC Executives want Gene Roddenberry to do with the guy with the satanic ears?
5. How many episodes are there in Star Trek The Original Series?
Eighty, including The Cage.
6. Who said she cannae take much more of this!! She'll blow up!!
7. What is Dr Leonard H. McCoy's nickname?
8. When the transporter scrambles your atoms and beams them through black empty space to the planet surface or another ship, do you think it tickles?
Yes, but I've never thought about it until now.
9. What is the name of your favorite science fiction show?
That's tough. I love Red Dwarf, Doctor Who, Buffy, Firefly and DS9.
10. Do you believe aliens are living on the moon?
No. Mars, maybe.
11. Who's the next big bad wolf in J.J. Abrams Star Trek Sequel 2013 going to be?
Go on then, I'll do it.
11 Questions I'm Asking Those I've Tagged
1. Who would win in a fight between Cavemen and Astronauts?
2. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
3. What is your favourite Band?
4. What is your favourite Bend?
5. What is your favourite Bond?
6. How many roads must a man walk down before you can call him a man?
7. What's the funniest joke you know?
8. Can dogs look up?
9. If you drove a Mini, would you want a red one, a white one or a blue one?
10. What are you afraid of?
11. Why is this 11 facts/questions/answers?
11 Lucky Tagged Individuals
1. Ellie Garratt
2. Geek Twins
3. Blogging From A-to-Z
4. Alex J. Cavanaugh
5. Fan Companion
6. Star Trek Scrapbook
7. Star Trek Scrapbook 2
8. Why Do I Bother?
9. Crazy California Claire
10. Inane Ramblings
11. Building Castles On The Beach