Friday 3 August 2012

Rise Of The Planet Of The Dave

We watched Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes the other day. I liked it. The story is a great reboot of Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes and the story of the first ape who learned to say "No", it asks interesting moral and ethical questions about animal testing, features excellent CGI and there are great performances from John Lithgow, Freida Pinto and the motion-capture cast playing the apes.

In other news, the DVD case made me want to do this:


2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Scary photo, Dave!
I was never a big fan of the original series, and I was surprised how much I liked this movie.

Dave said...

Alex, I blame the right half. I love the seventies Apes films and I resisted this one more than Tim Burton's reimagining, but I was suitably impressed.

A Daft Scots Lass, thanks.