Monday 3 September 2012

Carruthers Camera #27

Another five photos that I took for the Carruthers blog:

The Eighteenth Hole was the front door of a posh flat in Dalston and is indicative of just how much area has changed over the last few years.

The establishment pictured in The Harsh Light Of Day is opposite Farringdon tube station. I have never seen it open.

I took And The Children Shall Lead on south coast of Dorset.

This Weet Paint sign was outside an expensive Islington house. Initially, I mocked the signmaker and as it turns out I did so entirely unfairly because 'weet' is a Chaucerian English word meaning wet and I'm certain that the painter knew that.

The postbox in Post Poultry is in Grove, in the south of Oxfordshire. Despite my derision of the spelling, I hope that dogwalkers heeded the message of the sign, because nobody deserves to have their workplace/packages/correspondence showered with urine.

2 comments:

Maurice Mitchell said...

Ugh. Let's hope the dogwalkers can read.

Dave said...

I hope it wasn't a form of protest...