Name: David Black (after a fashion)
Blog: Dave Wrote This. I also contribute to the Mr Carruthers Presents blog, which mostly features posts relating to sketches like these.
Other Online Info: I have a few bits and pieces on YouTube.
10 GETTING TO KNOW YOU QUESTIONS
1. What is the most daring thing you've ever done?Actually, I think I've just written about it for my upcoming 'R' post.
2. What is your favorite article of clothing?I'm a jeans and T-shirt man most of the time, but I do like ties.
3. What is your favorite monster?I'm a massive Doctor Who fan and when I was a kid the Haemovores from The Curse Of Fenric were the most terrifying thing I'd ever seen. They are essentially Vampires, but they are also the end result of human evolution transported back in time to perpetuate themselves. They are only repelled by an faith, and thus big scary concepts like a lack of faith was instantly the scariest thing in the world to an eight year old. The story is full of scary moments: the Haemovores coming out of the sea and swarming through the graveyard, the green contact lenses of possession, the sacrifice of soldiers and a moment that has really stayed with me in which an underwater dead Russian soldier's eyes flick open. It doesn't sound like much, but it haunted me.
4. If you had to dress up as your favorite literary character, who would it be?
I'm an actor and dressing up is part of the job, but I'm quite content to let someone else decide what I'm wearing. I suppose I'd like to look as dapper as Lucifer Box or James Bond on a good day, but I probably dress like Arthur Dent more often.
5. What is your favorite fairy tale, urban legend or nursery rhyme?I like the The Boy Who Cried Wolf and The Pied Piper Of Hamelin. There's something about the 'be careful what you wish for' moral that really appeals to me.
6. What is a cause near and dear to your heart?I have a lot of time for Comic Relief, they do a lot of great work for a lot of great causes.
7. What's the strangest item you've used as a bookmark?Receipts that should have been in my tax return. I was not happy when I realised.
8. Do you have any nicknames? What are they and how did you earn them?Yes, but I think they are for the people that already know them.
9. Name one habit you want to change in yourself:I'm a nailbiter and try as I might I can't seem to stop.
10. Tell us something interesting or shocking about yourself:I'm thirty years old and I still can't tell the time on an analogue clock.
SOME A-to-Z QUESTIONS
1. What was your favorite A-to-Z post from 2011?I don't have one, but I was very impressed with Alex Cavanaugh's 'pay it forward' theme from 2011's A-to-Z.
2. What brought you to the A-to-Z originally?The last couple of years I've heard about the A-to-Z about halfway through April and it's been too late to start.
3. Are you doing a theme?Not particularly. It's just things that have occurred to me.
4. Are you writing and scheduling posts in advance?Yes, absolutely.
5. What is your favorite letter of the alphabet, and why?Q looks cool.