Wednesday 19 October 2011

The Noughties Blogfest

I wrote a Review-Of-The-Year type post of my favourite Films/TV/Music/Books/Comics etc at the end of last year, and I enjoyed the process enough that I decided to continue writing them working backwards, one per month.

It was largely an excuse to watch lots of DVDs, re-read old comics and reacquaint myself with music that I like, but now that I have almost finished writing for a whole decade I would like to do something with these posts.

So I am announcing today that on the 14th of November I will be holding The Noughties Blogfest.


The blog post for 2000 will go up on the last day of October and then on the 14th of November I invite you to tell me about your favourite things from the Noughties.

Choose one thing from each year from 2000 to 2009, be it a film, a TV show, a radio show, a particular episode of a TV or radio show, a piece of theatre, a book, a comic, a song, an album, a gig, a piece of artwork, something online or something else entirely, and then tell us what you love about it.

If it helps, my posts on 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001 and 2000, may jog your memory...

Here are the details on how to take part:

Leave your name and link on the linky below.

• Feel free to publicise the blogfest on your blog, facebook, twitter, etc and post the above image on your blog if you wish.

• On the 14th of November post a favourite something for each year 2000-2009, and tell us what you love about each of them.

• Visit as many other participating bloggers as you can. Compare, contrast and comment on their choices.




Join Us...

26 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I like that idea! And it's one of the few days in November I don't already have something scheduled. (Yeah, I have things booked all the way in March of next year!) I have a guest post this Friday, but I can plug it next Monday.

Dave said...

Thanks Alex, glad to have you aboard.

And that is some impressive scheduling!

Rhonda said...

I followed Alex here and I signed up with both of my blogs. Sure sounds like fun. Thanks for hosting.

Dave said...

Thanks for signing up Rhonda, twice.

Blogging in stereo...

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

I think this is a great idea for a blogfest, Dave. I'm in! :)

Dave said...

Thanks Nebular, I look forward to seeing your list.

Tasha Seegmiller said...

This sounds like lots of fun - I'm in!

Dave said...

Thanks Tasha, I hope it will be.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

I'm visiting from Alex's Blog. It sounds fun so I'm signing up!

Dave said...

Thanks for signing up...

Ricky said...

Count me in too.

Dave said...

Thanks for taking part, Ricky.

M.J. Fifield said...

Sounds like a super fun blogfest. I'm looking forward to it!

Dave said...

Thanks MJ, so am I!

dolorah said...

Pretty cool. I'll have to think about this; I've signed up for so many things I'm a little overwhelmed - and been thinking about a bloging/writing hiatus.

I did post it in my community events calendar in my sidebar. Good luck with the blogfest :)

Nice to meet you Dave.

......dhole

Dave said...

Nice to meet you to Donna, and thanks.

Unknown said...

you have my sword, ye two thumbs is here... wow, i am a dork. glad to be part of it all, thanks.

Jeremy [2thumbs]
Two Thumbs

Dave said...

Everyone's a dork. I'm glad you're part of it too.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad to see you have a lot more participants!

Dave said...

Yes, thanks again Alex.

Unknown said...

OMG noughties! LOL. Very cool idea! You're on my list now... Thanx for stopping by my blog!

Dave said...

Are you going to join us, Tessa?

Hart Johnson said...

I confess to signing up for the sake of the homonym, but I will figure out something...

Dave said...

You can be as naughty as you like...

Thanks for taking part.

The Man-Cave said...

I'm kicking myself that I missed this! This would have been great. Good news is that I have a new cool blog to follow!

Dave said...

Thanks very much.

You can still join in if you want...