Saturday 7 March 2015

Clifford Remembers Leonard Nimoy

Clifford Remembers the late, great Leonard Nimoy who died last month.



I hope people don't take this as insincere, because that certainly isn't how it is intended. I love Star Trek, more than Clifford and Nimoy is a huge part of that. I wasn't very quick off the mark with a tribute, but the thing is I wasn't sure what to do. And then as the days went on, the more stories about Nimoy that I hadn't heard came out the more I realised how much I was going to miss him.

His cultural impact should not be underestimated, Leonard Nimoy was a big part of what kept Star Trek an intelligent force in television and particularly in the motion pictures. He helped keep it honest. His story was far more than just pointed ears, "live long and prosper" and that salute we've all tried (go on, be honest). This is also the man who passed on Spock's advice to a mixed race teenage girl and ensured equal pay for Nichelle Nichols.

Thank you, Leonard.

No comments: