Wednesday 23 June 2010

Clubbed

Coop's Comedy Club was a success. I've know idea how much money it made, but the audience seemed to have a great time.

I didn't get a chance to listen to the comedy music, but Andrea Hubert's opening and closing stand up was great. I was dubious about whether a mix of stand up and sketch comedy would work, but I was definitely proven wrong.

Zoe & Catherine's series of Flatmate sketches work very well and I think a show made up entirely of them could be incredibly funny. Gi Lewis' Interview & Fitness Instructor sketches brought the house down. Will Huggins' commitment saw to that.

Both the monologues I wrote seemed to get a good reaction. The Karen speech that Zoe performed was the original (this was the sequel). The other was a video rental shop lamenting his lot in life. I did that. I'm hoping to record them both.

No comments: