Tuesday 4 May 2010

Carruthers Camera #2

Another set of photos I took for the Carruthers blog:

Turbulence is another trainspotting sketch photo.

I've always loved Comic Relief and so I took Nosed as an acknowledgement of Red Nose Day, but it looks like I was on the receiving end of a headbutt from Mickey Mouse.

It occurred to me that the opticians angle of * would compliment Andy's glasses sketch.

Keep Off The Tracks was taken in London's Paddington station and I don't understand how it got there.

When I worked as a hospital porter I took a fair few photos of my workplace. One day while I was doing just that, a gentleman tapped me on the shoulder and said: "May I ask what you're doing?". Feeling cheeky I just said "Yes, you may" and carried on. It turned out that this was not a good move. He pressed me for an answer and when I sheepishly said I was just taking photos he informed me that I needed permission and threatened me with confiscation of my camera. I presume that he thought I was a journalist, rather than an idiot who likes taking photos of signs. If I had been a journalist I would have been a journalist thinking he had something to hide. The Department of Sexual Health was always abbreviated in conversation to DOSH. Enter is a cheap gag.

1 comment:

One of Them said...

Bad eyes, three noses and an STD. That's a busy week.