Sunday 2 February 2014

After 1848

By rights I should be posting my M chapter today, but it's been a very busy week. So instead here's a bit about 1848. The show was free, but managed to sell out. It sounds like a contradiction in terms, but we filled the Conway Hall to its capacity.

I've been in several shows for The New Factory Of The Eccentric Actor and so the process is a familiar one by now. People rehearse when they can and sometimes do not meet the other actors in their scenes until the first night. It's always a matter of piecing together a jigsaw puzzle. For me, 1848 was a jigsaw puzzle with smaller pieces and I didn't see the whole show until the performance. It's not for me to speak to the quality of the show, but I enjoyed it. There's a review here.

Niall McDevitt played Baudelaire and has written this about the process.

Hopefully, we'll do it all again sometime.

No comments: